Most payment processors like Paypal provide only one IPN notification URL. But with multiple websites, you have to use different IPN urls for different websites. Currently, its a bit complicated to configure these.
SonicIPN makes it easy. It can receive the IPN data and send it to multiple URLs.
Each account is created with a unique name. A unique IPN url is provided for each account. This url is used in the IPN notification section of the payment processor (Example:Paypal).
Multiple rules can be created under each account. Each rule can have different or same Redirect URL. When SonicIPN receives the IPN data from the payment processor, it redirects the IPN data as per the rules you setup. There is an option to redirect the IPN data to an “Else redirect to ” Redirect URL when all the other rules in that account fail.
- This screen lists all the accounts created.
- Accounts can be cloned to get a head start on a new Account.
- All rules for a particular account can be downloaded in CSV format for backup.
- By clicking on Edit icon, rules can be edited.
In this screen, you can Add rules by clicking the Add new Rule button. A rule is a row of input fields where you can setup the following fields to setup a rule:
Select Paypal, JVZOO, Thrivecart, etc.
- If you are going to use the numeric ID of the product, select Number.
- If it is the name of the product select Name of the product.
- Numeric Ids are always checked for exact match (EQUAL).
- Name can have exact match (EQUAL) or Partial match (CONTAIN)
- Thrivecart always check for the numeric ID of the product. Name option is not available for Thrivecart.
- You can use ‘*’ to redirect ALL IPN data to this Redirect URL.
- Should be a number if “Number” is selected under “Condition”
- Input value should be text if “Name” is selected under “Condition”
- For Thrivecart, only the Product id (the numeric value) should be input.
Applicable only to Thrivecart,
- Select the Thrivecart Product Type (Main, Bump, Upsell, Downsell)
Then redirect to:
- URL of the script where this IPN data should be redirected to.
Else redirect to : (optional):
You can input a URL where the IPN data will be redirected to if ALL the conditions fail. If you leave this blank, then if all the conditions fail, IPN data will NOT be redirected to any URL.
You can choose the verify the IPN data in SonicIPN or in the Redirect URL. This can be done under Settings.
IPN data received from Paypal, Clickbank and Thrivecart can be verified by SonicIPN before forwarding to the Redirect URL by enabling them. You should also provide the Secret Key of Thrivecart and Clickbank if you enable. Paypal does not require any secret key.
If you are sure that the redirect script (Redirect URL) (Woocommerce etc.) verifies the IPN data, you can disable the verification.
Provides a complete list of ALL successfully redirected IPN data and other parameters to help you see what SonicIPN has done with each IPN it received and successfully forwarded. The Parameters recorded and displayed are Gateway, Account Name, Condition tested, Redirected URL, IPN data received, Reply received from the Redirect URL. If for any reason the redirection had failed, you can resend the IPN data to the redirecting url for that call.
This is used for identifying issues when IPN redirection fails. When enabled and an email id added, emails are sent at each stage of processing of the IPN data by SonicIPN. These emails will contain data that would help identify the reason for the failure.